Vintage style Treble Booster, one of the secret ingredients that helped shape legendary sounds heard by Eric Clapton in John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, Rory Gallagher, Brian May and Tony Iommi. Built from the greatest parts available (and some barely attainable !), tropical fish capacitors and carbon comp resistors for pure vintage sound !
The transistor choice is crucial for the Rooster, therefore we searched and found the best and one of the rarest germanium transistors ever made : the cherry-picked CV7003, military-spec OC44 germanium transistors. The CV7003 is extremely consistent as well as heat-resistant. Each individual transistor is measured for gain and leakage and then matched through sound audition.
Playing with the guitar volume, can unlock many textures, ranging from clean crunchy tones, to fat boosted overdrive ! Also, a lifesaver when in a dead-sounding-amp situation, where you can use it in front of the amp’s input constantly on, to liven-up the amp’s sound !
- Controls : Level
- Works with a 9V battery or a 9V DC adaptor (tip-negative)
- Powering the Rooster :
- – Using a battery (recommended): It is best to use a carbon zinc 9v battery (not alkaline or lithium) as it looses its power gradually making the pedal sound warmer and fuzzier ! If you want to have your pedal mounted on a pedal board and keep it plugged in at all times without draining the battery’s life, you can use the small DC plug provided on the power jack, every time you’re not playing.
- – 9v Boss-type power supply (tip negative): *Caution : this circuit uses positive ground. Therefore you cannot connect this pedal to any type of chained power supply linked with other common DC-powered pedals, unless the power supply unit features separate isolated DC outputs, into which you can plug the Rooster
- – The 3rd option is to use a 9v chained power supply (eg 1spot), but you will need the “Diago” isolator adaptor.
- Uses only 4mA of power when ON and barely any power when off (under 0.2mA!) so the battery will last hundreds of hours !
- If you choose to connect another non-true-bypass pedal before the Rooster, in your pedal chain, our opinion is the pedal will not reach its maximum tonal capacity. You can check this out, hear the difference, and decide for yourself.
- Dimensions : 111 x 68 x 47 mm
- Weight : 0,25 kg / 0,55 lb
- Limited Life-time warranty !